Large Item Collection
There is a four item limit for large household item collection per garbage collection, per eligible residential unit. Residents can call to book large item pick-up at any time during the year.
Request large item pick-up
Submit requests at least two working days before your regular garbage collection day to make arrangements.
- Book large item collection online
Request to have large items picked up on your regular garbage collection day
It may take 10 to 15 seconds for your address to appear once you type it in the form. Once your address appears, select it from the drop-down. Addresses that cannot be found will show ‘no matches found’. For residents booking by phone, call your collection contractor directly with the phone numbers below.
- Call your collection contractor
Fort Erie, Niagara-on-the-Lake, Niagara Falls, St. Catharines, Port Colborne and Welland
Call Miller Waste Systems at 1-833-621-0726
Grimsby, Lincoln, Pelham, Thorold, Wainfleet and West Lincoln
Call Green for Life at 1-855-971-4550
Restrictions and limitations
- Collection is for large household items, smaller items can be placed in garbage bags
- Available for single family homes and apartment buildings of two to six units only, with the exception of eligible mixed-use / multi-residential properties in Niagara-on-the-Lake
- Property managers for Niagara-on-the-Lake mixed-use / multi-residential properties will need to contact their collection contractor to book a large item collection
Search for an item to find out how to dispose of it.
Broken containers (Blue Box, Grey Box, Green Bin, Kitchen Catchers) are also collected as part of the large item pick-up program.
Appliances and metal household items are no longer collected at the curb. These items can be taken to a Niagara Region Drop-off Depot or you can contact a private scrap metal company for pick-up.
Your item might be reusable
If your item is in good condition, local companies and organizations may accept it.
Check out the item disposal search tool to see which organizations and businesses accept used items.