Free Dental Programs and Services
As of January 1, 2016, the following six publicly funded dental programs will be combined into the new Healthy Smiles Ontario program:
- Dental benefits for children under Ontario Works
- Dental benefits for children under the Ontario Disability Support Program
- Dental benefits for children under the Assistance for Children with Severe Disabilities program
- Children In Need Of Treatment program
- Healthy Smiles Ontario program
- Preventive oral health services provided by local public health units
Children and youth currently receiving care from these programs are still eligible for free dental services. They will be automatically moved into the new Healthy Smiles Ontario program.
If your child is in dental pain contact your local dental professional or Niagara Region Pubilc Health Dental Health Line at 905-688-8248 or 1-888-505-6074 ext. 7399.
How to Apply
- Apply online at ontario.ca/healthysmiles
- Call ServiceOntario INFOline toll-free at 1-844-296-6306 (TTY toll-free at 1-800-387-5559)
- Call Niagara Region Public Health Dental Health Line at 905-688-8248 or 1-888-505-6074 ext. 7399