Ontario Works Family Support Program

If you are part of the Ontario Works program, we can help you get support that you're legally entitled to receive under the Family Law Act, including child and spousal support.

Family Responsibility Office

We can also connect you with the Ministry of Children, Community and Social Services Family Responsibility Office, which enforces court orders for support.

The Family Responsibility Office can take action against individuals who are not meeting their family responsibilities and can enforce written agreements, such as separation agreements, domestic contracts and paternity agreements.

Speak with your casemanager for more information about help available to you.

Legal help

Family Law Information Centre

For more help, you're encouraged to visit a Family Law Information Centre where you can get free information about divorce, separation and related family law issues, such as:

  • Child custody
  • Access and support
  • Property division
  • Child protection
  • Referrals to community resources


  • St. Catharines: 59 Church St., 4th floor, 905-988-6200 ext. 472
  • Welland: 102 East Main St., 905-735-0010

Legal Aid

Legal Aid is available to low income individuals and disadvantaged communities for a variety of legal matters, including:

  • Family disputes
  • Immigration and refugee hearings
  • Poverty law issues, such as landlord / tenant disputes, disability support and family benefits payments
Page Feedback Did you find what you were looking for today?