The Meadows of Dorchester is located on Kalar Road in Niagara Falls.
Like all of our homes, The Meadows of Dorchester provides:
What makes The Meadows of Dorchester Special?
Features of the Home and Grounds
- Space for 120 individuals, who live in four houses, each with its own sitting room and attractive dining room which overlook our beautiful interior courtyards
- Great Hall for social activities, entertainment and visiting
- Chapel, café, family rooms and community hall
- Our two kitchens are located adjacent to our four dining rooms so that the tantalizing cooking aromas entice you to come and enjoy a pleasing dining experience
- A vibrant fruit and vegetable garden lovingly tended by the individuals living here. Fresh rhubarb, tomatoes, and cucumbers are some of the produce grown for our consumption.
- Outdoor courtyards for you and your family and friends to enjoy
- Onsite Adult Day Service with specialized developmental delay program
- Built in 2002
- visiting foot care nurse
- visiting dentist
Activities and Outings
- Intergenerational activities with local schools and child care centres are incorporated into our recreation programs
- Bus trips for shopping, scenic drives, restaurants, and local events
- Partnership in co-operative education programs with various schools, colleges, and universities
- Visits from faith groups, local entertainers, therapeutic touch volunteers and Tai Chi classes
Come for a Tour
Come for a visit and see if The Meadows of Dorchester is the right choice for you. Friendly staff members are happy to show you around and answer all your questions.
Call 905-357-1911 to arrange for a personal tour.
From the QEW Niagara:
- Take the McLeod Road exit
- Turn right onto McLeod Road
- Turn right onto Kalar Road
- The Meadows of Dorchester is at 6623 Kalar Road.
Applying and Admissions
For information about eligibility and admission, call the Community Care Access Centre at 905-684-9441 or 1-800-263-5480.