Linhaven is located in St. Catharines on the bank of the Martindale Pond, home to the Henley Rowing course.
Like all of our homes, Linhaven provides:
What makes Linhaven Special?
Features of the Home and Grounds
- space for 248 individuals, living in several resident home areas dedicated to the different levels of care required
- Ontario Complex includes the three houses: Secord, Brock, and Merritt.
Each house has its own dining, activity, and TV lounge areas. Ontario Square is the central lounge for this complex and is used for many in-home activities and visiting with a view of the beautiful rose garden. Adjacent to the Square is the Chapel, auditorium, tuck/coffee shop, and banking services.
- Martindale Complex provides a secure environment to individuals with memory loss, Alzheimer’s disease or other related dementias. This complex is also comprised of three houses: Lincoln, Henley/Regatta and Dalhousie each with its own dining, activity and TV lounges. The main Martindale Square lounge is a centre for programming, visiting with a view of the beautiful therapeutic courtyard garden.
- an auditorium that allows for an intergenerational nursery school program, special events and entertainment opportunities, along with an outstanding annual Christmas show
- our therapeutic gardens and grounds are beautifully maintained
- Linhaven is the site of the T. Roy Adams Regional Centre for Dementia Care that provides services to complex dementia care clients, short stay respite, overnight respite services and an Adult Day Service
- Onsite Adult Day Service
- visiting foot care nurse
- visiting dentist
- More than 150 volunteers provide support services, programs and special events including coffee/tuck shop services, recreational programming, gardening, church services, visiting and palliative care programs
- active fundraising volunteers including the Auxiliary, Friends of Linhaven and Community Fundraisers who are responsible for such events as Bowlarama, Family Day Picnic, Golf Tournament, Fall Bazaar and the Mad Hatters Tea.
- community involvement from churches, local service clubs and schools
Come for a Tour
Come for a visit and see if Linhaven is the right choice for you. Friendly staff members are happy to show you around and answer all your questions.
Call 905-934-3364 to arrange for a personal tour or view our Self-Guided Tour.
From the Queen Elizabeth Way:
- Take exit 47, Ontario Street, St. Catharines
- Turn north onto Ontario Street
- Linhaven is at 403 Ontario Street.
Applying and Admissions
For information about eligibility and admission, call the Community Care Access Centre at 905-684-9441 or 1-800-263-5480.