Physical Activity Toolkit
- Are you active enough to achieve health benefits?
- Do you often wonder if you are a healthy weight?
- Do you want to become more active?
- Workplace Activity Ideas
- Participate in walking meetings and share ideas with co-workers while going for a walk
- Use less email and walk to co-workers desk to have conversation
- Take the stairs instead of the elevator
- Start a workplace walking group. Physical Activity Advisors can show you how
- Walk whenever you can. Get off the bus a stop early or park in the far end of the parking lot
- Perform gentle stretching exercises while on the phone or by photocopier
- Organize a workplace sneaker day and encourage everyone to have an active break
- Is it safe to be physically active during smog or heat alerts
Yes! You can continue to be active during smog or heat alerts as long as you take the right precautions. Here are some guidelines to follow if you plan to be physically active during smog and heat alerts:
- Avoid strenuous or lengthy activity
- Try to be active before 11 a.m. (afternoons and early evenings are peak periods for smog formation)
- Drink plenty of fluids e.g. water before, during (every 20 minutes) and after activity
- Take lots of rest breaks in the shade
- Reduce your activity level if you begin to cough, wheeze, have chest tightness and/or trouble breathing
- Sun Safety When Being Active Outdoors
- Waist Circumference Calculator
Physical Activity Questionnaires/Checklists: Getting Ready to Move
Active Living Resources
The Power of Sport Fact Sheets