Job Posting #18140
About Niagara Region
Serving a diverse urban and rural population of more than 430,000, Niagara Region is focused on building a strong and prosperous Niagara. Working collaboratively with 12 local area municipalities and numerous community partners, the Region delivers a range of high quality programs and services to support and advance the well-being of individuals, families and communities within its boundaries. Nestled between the great lakes of Erie and Ontario, the Niagara peninsula features some of Canada's most fertile agricultural land, the majesty of Niagara Falls and communities that are rich in both history and recreational and cultural opportunities. Niagara boasts dynamic modern cities, Canada's most developed wine industry, a temperate climate, extraordinary theatre, and some of Ontario's most breathtaking countryside. An international destination with easy access to its binational U.S. neighbour New York State, Niagara attracts over 14 million visitors annually, as well as a steady stream of new residents and businesses.
Reporting to the Deputy Chief Administrative Officer, the Regional Clerk is responsible for ensuring the fulfillment of all statutory duties as prescribed in provincial legislation and the full range of customer oriented services for delivering the legislative process, Corporate Records and Information Services, Corporate Printing and Mail areas and all activities related to Freedom of Information and Privacy.
The role also acts as key advisor to the Regional Council, Regional Chair, Committee Chairs, the CAO and the Corporate Leadership Team.
- Oversees the management of the Corporate Records, Legislative Support, Printing and Mail services and MFIPPA/PHIPPA, providing work direction, setting priorities, assigning tasks/projects, resolving problems, ensuring results are achieved.
- Responsible for the overall management and operation of the legislative process for Council, Standing Committees and special committees.
- Responsible for the overall management of activities and performance of records management, courier and print/mail room service staff and processes.
- Accountable for medium to long range people resource planning for the division, determining ideal organizational structures, identifying desirable role and skill mix requirements and ensuring ongoing work quality and deliverability of results.
- Develops, manages and administers annual and multi-year Capital and Operating budgets for the division, ensuring support of Council's objectives, financial transparency and accountability, budget adherence, identifying and explaining variances and financial reporting is effectively managed in compliance with corporate financial policies. Authorize, and Administer the acquisition of goods and services for the operating unit and direct reports in accordance with the procurement policy and procedures.
- 7 years administrative and policy development experience, in a government or municipal setting.
- 10 years administrative and policy development experience, in a government or municipal setting as a Clerk or Deputy Clerk preferred.
- Detailed knowledge of relevant provincial and federal legislation and regulations
- Post &ndashsecondary degree in Public Administration or related discipline.
- AMCT designation preferred.
- May be required to support emergency operations under the incident management structure, at the direction of the Emergency Operations Centre Director
- Regional staff strive to enable the strategic priorities of council and the organization through the completion of their work. Staff carry out their work by demonstrating the corporate values of service, honesty, choice, partnership and respect
Uncover the wonder of the Niagara Region and join a team dedicated to meeting tomorrow's challenges TODAY!
Let us know why you would be an excellent team member by submitting your online application.
We thank all candidates for their interest however, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
Apply NowEmail to Friend
« Other jobs