Let's Talk Waste Niagara
Proposed New Waste Collection Service Levels
Niagara Region's next waste collection contract (garbage, recycling and organics) for homes and businesses receiving Regional curbside collection is set to begin by 2021. Before that happens, we want your input on the proposed options for the contract.
Options being considered are:
- Every-other-week garbage collection, with weekly recycling and organics collection, for all properties outside the Designated Business Areas. Garbage container (bag / can) limits would double.
- Mandatory use of clear bags for garbage for all properties (inside and outside Designated Business Areas)
- Establish a four item limit, per collection, for large items
- Discontinue appliances and scrap metal curbside collection
- Change weekly, base garbage container limits for businesses and mixed-use properties located inside Designated Business Areas from seven to four
- Change weekly garbage container limits for mixed-use properties located outside Designated Business Areas from six to four
Have your Say
The survey is closed. Thank you for your feedback.