Household Hazardous Waste Drop-off Depots
Residents can drop off household hazardous waste at permanent depots year round at these locations.
We are no longer offering mobile event days.
|Niagara Road 12 Landfill
Open to all residents for household hazardous waste. Landfill is only open to residents of Grimsby, Lincoln, Pelham and West Lincoln.
|Concession Rd. 7, West Lincoln|
|Humberstone Landfill||Humberstone Rd., Welland|
|Thorold Yard Household Hazardous Waste Drop-off Depot||3557 Thorold Townline Rd., Thorold|
|Bridge Street Drop-off Depot
Only batteries, oil, propane tanks and paint (full and partially full cans) accepted at this location.
|1300 Bridge St., Fort Erie|
Dropping off Household Hazardous Waste
When making a drop off, residents should ensure that:
- Vehicle engine is turned off before unloading
- All materials are in the original or well-marked container, to indicate the contents
- All containers are securely capped and sealed
- Liquid wastes must be no larger than 20 litres each. Barrels and/or drums of liquid waste will not be accepted.
- Gasoline will not be decanted at the depot. The container and the contents will be taken for safe disposal.
- At the household hazardous waste depots, residents are required to unload materials from their vehicle. Advise the depot attendant if you require assistance to unload.
- Patrons must be Niagara region residents
- No industrial, commercial or institutional hazardous waste accepted
Only acceptable materials will be collected at the household hazardous waste depots.