Garbage is collected every-other-week in all municipalities for:
- Single-family houses and residential properties with two to six units
- Apartment buildings with seven or more units with curbside garbage collection
- Mixed-use properties outside Designated Business Areas
- Industrial, commercial and institutional properties outside Designated Business Areas
Place your garbage at the curb by 7 a.m. on your regular collection day. Don't place your garbage bag or can at the curb any earlier than 5 p.m. the day before collection.
Search for an item to find out how to dispose of it.
- List of acceptable garbage materials
Click on each item below for more information.
Two bag / can collection limit
Residents may place out two bags or cans of garbage every-other-week. Additional bags can be put out by buying a garbage tag to stick on the extra bag(s).
Businesses have different limits and should look up their address to find their limits.
Sizes of garbage bag / containers allowed
A garbage bag / can cannot exceed:
- Height: 91 cm (36")
- Diameter: 61 cm (24")
- Weight: 22.7 kg (50 lbs) when full
Garbage should not be loose inside of garbage containers and must be bagged. Several smaller kitchen sized garbage bags may be used and placed inside a garbage container for placement at the curb.
Garbage bags placed inside a container must not exceed the lip of the container.
All garbage cans should have handles on the outside of the container.
Learn more about acceptable container sizes.