Application for Garbage Container Limit Exemption for Group Homes
This confidential application is for group homes, homes for adults with disabilities and homes for assisted living. The current curbside garbage collection limit is two bags/cans of garbage collected every-other-week. In order to qualify to set out additional garbage containers with an approved tag each week, the group home must:
- Be a single family home or an apartment building with six or fewer units
- Currently receive curbside collection provided by Niagara Region
- Operate under provincial funding or otherwise provide documentation to prove that they are operating out of the property address specified
- Have eligible group home residents with verifiable medical conditions that result in the generation of additional and unavoidable waste
- Not be able to accommodate the additional waste generated from the medical condition within the two garbage container limit collected every-other-week
Download the group home application form or complete the form below.