Reporting Changes in your Situation

Mom and NewbornIf you are receiving Ontario Works you must tell your casemanager immediately about any changes to your situation, including changes to:

  • family size
  • income
  • assets
  • shelter costs

The cash benefit you receive is calculated monthly, based on family size, housing costs, and income for other sources. If you report your changes when they happen, your casemanager can adjust your allowance and make sure that you are receiving the correct amount. This may avoid overpayment, underpayment or potential fraud charges.

Page Feedback Did you find what you were looking for today?