Income Reporting

As an Ontario Works participant, you may be required to complete and submit an income reporting statement each month. Speak with your Casemanager about your particular situation and income reporting requirements.

Income may include:

  • Gifts of money
  • Employment Insurance benefits
  • Child or spousal support
  • Lottery wins
  • Business or farm income
  • Employment income and tips
  • Old Age Security (OAS)
  • Canada/Quebec Pension (CPP/QPP) and other pensions
  • Inheritance or money in trust
  • Sponsorship payments
  • Veterans Allowance
  • Ontario Student Assistance Program (OSAP)
  • Training allowances
  • Loan repayment
  • Interest and dividends
  • Legal settlements
  • Insurance or accident claims
  • Boarder income
  • Compensation for victims of crime

Careful completion of your income report will help to ensure that you receive your monthly cash benefit. Be sure to:

  • fill in each box (if you have no income to report, write "nil" in each box
  • report and give proof of all income
  • return the statement on the date indicated on the schedule of dates
  • read the declaration before you sign it


If you have questions about income reporting, contact your casemanager for help.

Page Feedback Did you find what you were looking for today?