Direct Deposit Sign up for Ontario Works Recipients
Send in or drop off the direct deposit authorization form at one of the locations listed.
What you Need
Before sending your form, remember:
- Do not use someone else's cheque
- Sign the cheque
- Attach a cheque specifically marked "void".
What to Expect
- Your bank account must have withdrawal privileges
- A monthly Statement of Direct Deposit will be mailed to you
- Funds are deposited in your account at 12:01 a.m. on the payment due date (Automatic Teller Machines are on day behind)
- You will receive a monthly Statement of Direct Deposit
- Creditors may attempt to recover outstanding debts from funds in your bank account. If you have concerns in this regard, contact your worker.
- If you account number changes or if you change banks notify your worker immediately. Do not close your account until your Direct Deposit arrives in your new account.