Direct Deposit Sign up for Ontario Works Recipients
What you Need
Before sending your form, remember:
- Do not use someone else's cheque
- Sign the cheque
- Attach a cheque specifically marked "void".
What to Expect
- Your bank account must have withdrawal privileges
- A monthly Statement of Direct Deposit will be mailed to you
- Funds are deposited in your account at 12:01 a.m. on the payment due date (Automatic Teller Machines are on day behind)
- You will receive a monthly Statement of Direct Deposit
- Creditors may attempt to recover outstanding debts from funds in your bank account. If you have concerns in this regard, contact your worker.
- If you account number changes or if you change banks notify your worker immediately. Do not close your account until your Direct Deposit arrives in your new account.