Learning, Earning and Parenting (LEAP) Program
This program helps young parents:
- Complete their high school education, taking into account individual needs and obstacles to school attendance an academic success
- Develop parenting skills that promote health child development
- Access a range of employment related supports to assist them in obtaining sustainable employment and achieving financial independence
We will cover part of or all of your expenses related to:
- Educational trips
- Graduation fees
- Recreational activity fees
- School supplies and clothing
Niagara Region supports children from birth to 12 years of age and their families by providing a range of services offered across Niagara, including supports for children with special needs.
A single appointment with a casemanager will determine your eligibility for both Ontario Works and placement in a subsidized licensed child care space while participating in activities.
To be eligible for this program, you must be:
- A parent 25 years of age or younger
- In receipt of social assistance (Ontario Works or Ontario Disability Support)
- Have not completed high school
This program is voluntary for parents 18 to 25 years old and mandatory for parents 16 and 17.
$500 Cash Incentive
Each participant will receive $500 when they complete both secondary school and a minimum 35 hours of approved parenting activities.
This incentive is an investment towards further education and training for either the parent or the child.
How to Apply
- Contact your casemanager if you are on Ontario Works or Ontario Disability Support
- Call social assistance and employment opportunities at 905-641-9960 ext. 6002 (1-866-627-1110 for West Niagara)
Apply for financial assistance