Emergency assistance is available to you if you are not in receipt of social assistance. It can help you with issues that are detrimental to your health and well-being, or to that of a family member.
Emergency assistance allows for immediate financial help in a crisis or emergency situation. This may include money for basic needs, shelter and benefits.
To be eligible, you must:
- Not currently be receiving social assistance
- Not be serving a period of ineligibility
- Have made reasonable effort to access all other available resources, such as income, assets, investments, lines of credit, help from family, friends and agencies
- Have your physical health (or that of a family member) be in danger without the emergency assistance or at least one of your dependent children will be unable to continue to live with you
- Have not received emergency assistance in the last six months
How to apply
- Call 905-641-9230 or 1-866-627-1110 (from West Niagara)
- Visit your local Community Services office