Online eChat Disclaimer
Welcome to Niagara Region’s Public Health online eChat.
This is a free service for Niagara residents. You can use the service to speak to a registered nurse about your pre-pregnancy, pregnancy, and post-partum health including:
- Your mental health and wellness
- The health and wellbeing of your baby or young child
- Your child’s growth and development
Our eChat services are available Monday to Friday, 8:30 a.m. to 4:15 p.m. (excluding statutory holidays).
- Niagara Region Public Health (Regional Municipality of Niagara) eChat service allows you to chat online with a registered nurse. This service is not appropriate if you're in a crisis situation. If you're experiencing a medical emergency, you must call 9-1-1 immediately or visit your closest hospital emergency room. The registered nurse will not diagnose illnesses nor provide any treatment recommendations. You may call or may be referred to Telehealth Ontario at 1-866-797-0000 for non-emergency medical advice.
- Every effort is made to ensure the information provided by the service is accurate, current and reliable.
- If you choose to provide Niagara Region Public Health with personal and / or personal health information, choosing "I agree" will be your consent to such information being collected and used by Niagara Region Public Health to respond to your inquiries and to assure quality service. Niagara Region Public Health is governed by the Personal Health Information Protection Act (PHIPA) and the Municipal Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act (MFIPPA). Our Public Health Notice of Personal Health Information Practices is available online.
- We make every effort to protect your privacy at all times. However, communications over the internet may be subject to interception or loss that is beyond the control of Niagara Region. Niagara Region Public Health cannot guarantee the security of any transmission of data across the internet.
- Niagara Region Public Health is not responsible for and will not be liable to you or to anyone else for any damages whatsoever, including any indirect, special, incidental or consequential damages arising out of or in connection with your use or inability to use the website, even if Niagara Region has been advised of the possibilities of such damages.
- This service is for residents of the Regional Municipality of Niagara, Ontario only. If you live outside of Niagara we can't provide the service to you.
- Niagara Region Public Health eChat transcripts cannot be provided by Niagara Region Public Health after the counselling session is terminated. Clients who would like to keep a copy of their eChat session must make a copy themselves, by either downloading the transcript, emailing the transcript to themselves or by printing it themselves.
If you need more information or have questions about this service, call Niagara Parents at 905-684-7555 or 1-888-505-6074 ext. 7555.
Personal Information and Personal Health Information collected, used and disclosed by Niagara Region Public Health pursuant to the Health Protection and Promotion Act and in accordance with the Personal Health Information Protection Act for the purposes of managing the Novel Coronavirus COVID-19 pandemic. Review the Public Health Notice of Personal Health Information Practices and eChat Disclaimer for more information. Please refer any questions related to your privacy to the Access and Privacy Office at 905-980-6000, ext. 3779 or FOI@niagararegion.ca.