Water service to be shut down for emergency repairs in Southworth Street neighbourhood and Dain City in Welland
No water service from Wednesday, Oct. 6 at 9 p.m. to Thursday, Oct. 7 at 9
Niagara Region is undertaking emergency watermain repair work. Water
service will be shut down overnight on Oct. 6, 2021 so maintenance crews can
complete necessary repairs.
The shutdown will affect all
- On Southworth St. from Railroad Ave. to Humberstone Rd.
- East of Southworth St. to Bradley Ave., from one block north of Sauer
Avenue to Marc Blvd.
- On David St. from Sauer Ave. to Sager Ave. inclusive
- In Dain City
The shutdown may affect the remaining properties
west of Southworth St. to Deer St. from Ontario Rd. to Gordon St.
Before the shutdown
- Have a
potable water container filled with water for drinking
containers (e.g. buckets) with water for washing and flushing the toilet
During the shutdown
- Make sure all taps are closed, or in the off position, to avoid
any flooding when your water supply is turned back on
- Try not to operate the faucets while the water is shut off
- Consider turning off your water heater to avoid any issues if the
water heater tank gets accidentally drained
After the water shutdown
- Remove the aerator (screen) from your faucets
- Turn on the cold water tap that is located the closest to your
water meter and let run until the water is clear, minimum of 10 minutes
- Turn on each additional cold water tap and let run for five
- Replace the aerator (screen) on your faucets.
We understand these repairs may cause some
inconveniences. However, these repairs must be completed as soon as possible. Welland residents with water quality
questions or inquiries can call: 905-735-1700 ext. 3000.
905-980-6000 ext. 3215
Share this article: Facebook | Twitter