Submit your Photos of Niagara
Send us your favourite photos of Niagara and we may share them with the world.
Each week, we select one photo to be profiled on our website and social media. We send our choice to local newspapers to be published, pending space availability. Photos may also be used in other materials produced or sponsored by Niagara Region.
Include a brief description of the photo (50 words max.) including where it was taken and what makes it special to you.
Tips for Photo Submissions
- Photos can be of any location in Niagara
- In-season scenery, historic landmarks and community events are great submissions
- Set your camera on the highest size/resolution to send us the best quality photo
- Avoid sending blurry, unclear or small photos
- Landscape photos are preferred
- Multiple photos can be submitted by the same photographer
- People in photo must have consented to their picture being taken, or not recognizable (in the background)
Selection of Photo
- If a photo has been selected for use, Niagara Region will notify the photographer via email prior to the photo being used. Photographers will only be contacted if their photo has been chosen.
- Not all submitted photos will be chosen for viewing on the Niagara Region website. The decision of Niagara Region regarding the selection of photos will be final.
- Photos that are not used will not be returned
- Photos chosen to appear on the Region's website are forwarded to community newspapers for possible publication, pending space availability
- Photo submissions should be a minimum 300 dpi in resolution
Photo Submission Agreement and Guidelines
- The Photographer:
- Grants to Niagara Region licence rights to use submitted photo on its website, social media, and for possible use in Regional documents such as the Annual Report, note cards and other non-profit use connected with Regional government
- Waives all moral rights with regards to such uses
- Warrants that he/she has consent from any person who appears in a submitted photo to the use of their image by Niagara Region for the above purposes
- Image and text provided may be edited prior to use
- The photographer will always be identified as part of any display of the photo
- Niagara Region will not use the photos for any commercial purpose
- Photos may be posted in the Niagara photo gallery in perpetuity
- Only the original photographer can submit their photo. Do not submit photos that you did not take.