The Water Wagon provides clean drinking water to not-for-profit and charitable events in Niagara from May to October.
The wagon holds 3400 litres of water (the equivalent to 6,800 500mL single use water bottles), for drinking purposes only.
To request the Water Wagon, your event must:
- Be open to the public, not-for-profit or charitable event
- Have at least 400 attendants (including staff and volunteers)
- Open between 6 a.m. and 9 p.m. (minimum of four hours)
- Provide a 15' x 42' spot of level gravel or pavement
- Have a road / pathway available during the event to allow the wagon to be picked up, refilled and brought back to the event (if necessary)
- Provide or sell drinking containers or cups, or encourage use of refillable, reusable water bottles at events and in advertising, using our promotional graphic
Note: Niagara Region is not obligated to provide drinking containers for use with the Water Wagon.
The Water Wagon
Booking the Water Wagon
Requests must be received at least four weeks in advance of the event. The Water Wagon is available from May to October each year.
Note: Bookings are not guaranteed and are dependent upon availability of the Water Wagon and staff.
Request the Water Wagon
Terms for Booking the Water Wagon
Niagara Region reserves the right to:
- Decline Water Wagon services to any event that does not align with the intent of the program or maximize the value, impact and accountability of services
- Cancel an event within suitable notice at any time. In the event of a Regional work stoppage or labour disruption, the Region will not be able to provide service of the Water Wagon.
- Refuse Water Wagon service to an event without advance notice if the terms and conditions agreed to are not met as expected when the Water Wagon arrives at the event.
If you have any questions, email the Water Wagon.