Sewage Hauler Permit Application
Only haulers approved by Niagara Region are allowed to dispose of hauled sewage at the Region's wastewater treatments plants.
To be approved for a permit, haulers must have:
- Necessary approvals and requirements to carry on business as a sewage hauler in Ontario, including but not limited to, having the necessary certificates, permits, approvals and / or registrations required under Ontario legislation
- Commercial general liability - minimum amount of $2 million
- Automobile liability - minimum amount of $2 million
- The Regional Municipality of Niagara should be noted as an additional insured upon completion of the Region's certificate of insurance form noting the above insurance coverages
Approved haulers receive access cards for each vehicle covered under their permit. These cards are:
- Non-transferable and only for the vehicle assigned
- Only for entries onto the plant premises to make disposals
- Not for access to the plant premises for any other purpose
Information requested in this form is collected under the authority of The Regional Municipality of Niagara Sewer Use By-law No. 27-2014 and will be used to evaluate applications for approval as outlined under Section 11 of the By-law.
Approvals will be given to the applicant in writing.
Apply for a sewage hauler permit
A one time fee of $110.00 is due upon completion of the application. Once you have completed the application, you will be redirected to a secure payment page to enter your credit card information.
Acceptable forms of payment:
Emailed receipts come from Niagara Region via email@example.com. Be sure to check your junk email folder in case it is flagged as spam.
Updating an existing permit
You can update your vehicle permit information online for your approved permit. There is no fee to update an existing permit.
Approved applications or confirmation of permit update will be sent by email within 10 days.
Refunds and contact
Approved sewage hauler permit fees are non-refundable.
For any other questions about your payment, email wastewater.