Share your Story of Recovery
You're not alone
It’s important for people living with mental health conditions to know that they're not alone, and you aren't either
What has helped? What hasn’t? What has been most discouraging about your condition? What has given you hope? There are all sorts of things you know that other people want to know - you're not alone. Let them know that they aren’t either.
Read Niagara recovery stories or share your story below.
If you or someone you know is in crisis and needs immediate help, go to the closest hospital emergency room or contact the Crisis Outreach and Support Team (COAST) at 1-866-550-5205.
Every story submitted is reviewed by Niagara Region Mental Health. We can't guarantee that everything we receive will be published.
By submitting this story you agree to the following terms:
- You must be 15 years of age or older
- Stories with inappropriate or offensive language and information about specific medications or medical treatments may not be posted
- Stories may not exceed 500 words
- Specific names associated with the story will be redacted and not posted on the website
- Stories will be anonymous on the website
- Promotion of personal blogs, website, books or other works will be redacted before publishing
- Personal information such as phone numbers, emails or addresses will be redacted before publishing
Niagara Region reserves the right to make slight edits to each story. This may include adding or deleting information to ensure the post follows submission guidelines, such as removing personal information.