Assertive Community Treatment Team
The Assertive Community Treatment Team is designed to assist individuals with the most serious and persistent mental illness. Individuals served by this service often have co-existing problems such as homelessness, substance abuse or involvement with the judicial system.
To qualify for this service, an individual must meet all of the following criteria:
- Live with a psychotic (e.g. schizophrenia) or bipolar disorder with psychotic features
- Experience ongoing illness that impacts several aspects of their life including: activities of daily living, housing, finances, general health and relationships
- Have had multiple hospital admissions
- Need treatment support provided in their home or community
- Have not been successful with less intensive programming
- Have a focus on recovery
- Can work with a team of professionals
Anyone can make a referral to this service.