Special Occasion Permit for Weddings, Stag and Does, Private Receptions

A permit from the Alcohol and Gaming Commission of Ontario is required any time alcohol is offered for sale or served anywhere other than in a licensed establishment (such as a bar or restaurant) or a private place (such as a private office or home).

There are three types of special occasions for which a permit may be issued:

  • Private Event: For events where only invited guests will attend (such as cash bars at weddings, stag and does, or private receptions). These events cannot be advertised and there can be no intent to gain or profit from the sale of alcohol at the event.
  • Public Events: For events that are open to the public (such as charity fundraisers). Public events can be advertised and allow for fundraising/profit from the sale of alcohol
  • Industry Promotional Events: For events held to promote a manufacturer's product through sampling. There can be no intent to gain or profit from the sale of alcohol at the event

In addition, it is the applicant's responsibility to contact police, fire and public health. To contact Niagara Region Public Health, fill out the form below. A response will be sent back to you confirming that public health has received your form.

* = Required

Contact Information

Event Details



Event is

Personal Information and Privacy

Any personal information or personal health information submitted in writing will be collected, used and disclosed by members of Regional Council and Regional staff in accordance with the Municipal Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act or the Personal Health Information Protection Act, where applicable.

Freedom of Information

Any information you share will be used only for the intended purpose for which it was provided. If you have any questions, email foi@niagararegion.ca or call 905-980-6000 ext. 3779.

Page Feedback Did you find what you were looking for today?