Resource Consultants for Children in Support of Healthy Child Development
All children enrolled in licensed child care in Niagara are screened to determine if they are developing appropriate to their age.
Many child care programs offer the support of a resource consultant specially trained to assist children who may benefit from additional help.
Resource Consultants Supports
Our resource consultants provide specialized support to help children with special needs succeed in a child care program.
Supports to children with special needs are available for:
- Children from birth to age six in a licensed child care centre
- Children aged six to 12 years of age in before and/or after school programs
- Children who are delayed developmentally in two or more areas
- Children who experience early developmental difficulties and are at risk of future learning problems in school
Supports may include the development of improved readiness to learn in the following areas:
- Gross and fine motor skills
- Speech and language
- Social and behavioural
Apply for Resource Consultant Support and we will contact you to determine eligibility.
Agencies that Offer Assistance
Agencies that provide supports to children with special needs work together and with you to make sure that the service meets the needs of your child and is delivered in a timely manner. We fund the following agencies that offer help for children with special needs: