Get Free Help
Every resident in Niagara can
access free help to quit smoking
Free Help to Quit or Reduce your Smoking
Young adults - 18 to 29 years old
Patients of a Family Health Team
You can access free Nicotine Replacement Therapy as a rostered patient of the following Family Health Teams:
- Welland McMaster - 905-734-9699 ext. 3
- Niagara North
- St. Catharines - 905-988-9617 ext. 226
- Niagara-on-the-Lake - 905-468-2177 ext. 130
- Beamsville Medical Centre - 905-563-5315
- Portage Medical - 905-354-9393 ext. 225
- Smithville - 905-957-3328
Patients of a Community Health Centre
You can access free Nicotine Replacement Therapy as a rostered patient of the following Community Health Centres:
- Quest Community Health Centre (St. Catharines - open to the community) - 905-688-2558 ext. 243
- Niagara Falls Community Health Centre (Niagara Falls - rostered patients) - 905-356-4222 ext. 233
- Bridges Community Health Centre (Fort Erie and Port Colborne - rostered patients)
- Fort Erie (monthly group workshops open to the community - registration required) - 905-871-7621 ext. 2226
- Port Colborne (group program open to community 3-4 times/year) - 289-479-5017 ext. 2421
You can access free Nicotine Replacement Therapy through the Centre de santé communautaire Hamilton / Niagara at 905-714-9935 ext. 2239.
You may be eligible to receive free Nicotine Replacement Therapy (nicotine patch, gum, lozenge or inhaler). Call 905-358-5552.
Champix or Zyban
If you have an Ontario Drug Benefit card, you're eligible to receive support from your local pharmacist and access to free quit smoking medications (Champix or Zyban). Talk to your local pharmacist for more information.
The Smokers' Helpline provides counselling support over the phone and online if you are quitting smoking. Call a Quit Coach at 1-877-513-5333 or visit smokershelpline.ca
If you're not eligible for any of the above programs, contact the Tobacco Hotline at 905-688-8248 ext. 7393.
Health Care Providers
Quitting is hard but you can help your patient make it happen - you can make a difference in your patients' health in under three minutes by using the 5A's:
Find out more about how you can make it happen.
For information on quitting smoking, the law or second-hand smoke, email the Tobacco Hotline or call 905-688-8248 ext. 7393 or 1-888-505-6074 ext. 7393