The Empathy Effect: Countering Bias to Improve Health Outcomes
The Empathy Effect: Countering Bias to Improve Health Outcomes provides skill-based techniques to enhance skills in effectively conveying empathy to others, with a special focus on vulnerable populations.
Deadline to register is Thursday, Nov. 5, 2020.
There is no cost for this workshop
- Tuesday, Nov. 10, 2020
9 a.m. to 2 p.m. (half hour lunch)
Link will be provided to registrants closer to the event date
- Identify the premises for empathy-based care
- Identify the elements of the IN GEAR model for empathy conveyance
- Recognize internal or external cues associated with interactions that invite judgement
- Implement counter cues to shift from a view of judgement to one of understanding
- Demonstrate the conveyance of empathy
To book alternate training for more than 10 staff in your office, email Lynn Kuchard at firstname.lastname@example.org. This training is sponsored by the Hamilton Health Sciences Self-Management Program.