Quit Smoking with the 5As
In less than three minutes you can make a difference in your patient's life. You can help your patient quit using tobacco products by following the 5As:
- Ask your patient if they use tobacco products
- Advise your patient about the risks of tobacco use and to quit
- Assess your patient's readiness to quit
- Assist your patient in quitting by providing access to resources and community cessation services
- Arrange a follow-up through Telehealth Ontario's Quit Smoking Program
A free in-person lunch and learn training opportunity in Minimal Contact Intervention for health care providers is available.
Participants will leave understanding:
Burden of illness of tobacco in Niagara
- Importance of Minimal Contact Intervention in tobacco cessation
- How to integrate the 5As into daily practice
- Available tobacco cessation resources for patients in Niagara
A member from Niagara Region will follow up within five business days to confirm your enrolment.