Report Adverse Events After Immunization (for Health Care Professionals)
Reporting adverse events is important and ensures continued safety of vaccines used in Canada.
Who Should Report
Report adverse events if you are a:
- Vaccine provider
- Health care professional with patients who may have had a negative side effect
- Vaccine manufacturers who have received a submitted report
When to Report
Health professionals should report adverse events when there is:
- A temporal association with a vaccine
- No other clear cause at the time of reporting
- Urgent medical attention required (such as life threatening, death, hospitalization)
- Unusual or unexpected effects
If you are unsure about reporting a side effect following a patient's immunization, report it anyway.
Fax the completed form to the Vaccine Preventable Disease Program at 905-688-8225.
If you have any questions about reporting adverse events: