Report Adverse Events After Immunization (for Health Care Professionals)
Reporting adverse events is important and ensures continued safety of vaccines used in Canada.
Who Should Report
Report adverse events if you're a:
- Vaccine provider
- Health care professional with patients who may have had a negative side effect
- Vaccine manufacturers who have received a submitted report
When to Report
Health professionals should report adverse events when there is:
- A temporal association with a vaccine
- No other clear cause at the time of reporting
- Urgent medical attention required, such as life threatening, death, hospitalization
- Unusual or unexpected effects
If you're unsure about reporting a side effect following a patient's immunization, report it anyway.
Fax the completed report of adverse event form to the Vaccine Preventable Disease Program at 905-688-8225.
If you have any questions about reporting adverse events:
- Adverse event following immunization reporting fact sheet
- Call the Vaccine Preventable Disease Program at 905-688-8248 or 1-888-505-6074 ext. 7396