West Nile Virus Human Surveillance Patient Report
Under the Health Protection and Promotion Act (section 26) all West Nile Virus illness are reportable to Public Health.
Note: If there is any suspicion of West Nile Virus, complete the patient report form.
Reporting can only be completed by:
- Health care professional
- Acute care facility
Complete a West Nile Virus Human Surveillance Patient Report
1. Complete the online report or print/fax the form
2. Fax the completed form to 905-682-6470
Follow-up to a Referral
- Health care provider will receive follow-up within one business day upon receiving patient report form
- Every suspect case of West Nile Virus reported to the Infectious Disease program will be investigated in consultation with their health care provider
- Confirmed cases will be contacted by a public health nurse for further information and education
Call the Infectious Disease program at 905-688-8248 or 1-888-505-6074 ext. 7330 (Mon. – Fri., 8:30 a.m. - 4:30 p.m.)