Assertive Community Treatment Team
The Assertive Community Treatment Team is a designed to assist individuals with the most serious and persistent mental illness. Individuals served by this service often have co-existing problems such as homelessness, substance abuse or involvement with the judicial system.
Referrals to this service can be made by anyone.
Service Eligibility Criteria
To qualify for this service, an individual must meet all of the following criteria:
- Suffer from a psychotic (e.g. schizophrenia) or bipolar disorder with psychotic features
- Experience ongoing illness that impacts several aspects of their life including: activities of daily living, housing, finances, general health and relationships
- Have had multiple hospital admissions
- Need treatment support provided in their home or community
- Have not been successful with less intensive programming
- Have a focus on recovery
- Can work with a team of professionals
Anyone can make a referral to this service.