Community Paramedic Program - Information for Health Care Professionals
Community Paramedicine Home Visiting Program
The Community Paramedicine Home Visiting Program helps to reduce avoidable use of ambulance and emergency services, and the number of low acuity patients in the emergency department transported by paramedics.
- Clients with over five emergency visits / 911 calls in the past calendar year, with a history of chronic physical health conditions like chronic obstructive pulmonary disease, diabetes and congested heart failure
- Willingness to accept education and direction
- Currently engaged or willing to be engaged with primary care
- Clients with mental health conditions or current substance abuse / addictions as the primary reason for calling 911
- Clients living in long-term care facilities
Wainfleet Community Response Unit
The Community Response Unit has two purposes:
- To respond to all emergency medical 9-1-1 calls as a first response unit while an ambulance is on the way
- To be an additional health resource to the Township of Wainfleet
Residents with chronic physical health conditions who live in the Township of Wainfleet.
Refer your patient
For more information, email the program manager or call 905-984-5050 ext. 2885.