Public Health Community Outreach Booth
The Community Outreach booth travels to summer events throughout Niagara.
The booth provides information on a variety of health topics and fun games for children/youth (free of charge). It is run by volunteers and overseen by Community Outreach Coordinators.
Event organizers can choose which topics they would like to have at the Community Outreach Booth. Topics include:
- Sun safety
Includes information and games about the importance of sun safety and preventing skin cancer (free sunscreen is also provided)
Includes information for parents/caregivers, teachers, coaches, children and youth on what is a concussion, the signs and symptoms, how to manage symptoms and safety tips that can help prevent concussions from occurring. This booth also provides concussion simulation activities as well as free giveaways
- Smoke-free outdoor spaces
Promote smoke-free messaging at your event. Temporary no smoking signs can be provided based on availability
To request the Community Outreach Booth, your event must:
- Be open to the public, not-for-profit or charitable event
- Have at least 400 attendants (including staff and volunteers)
- Open between 9 a.m. and 6 p.m. (minimum of four hours)
- Provide a 10' x 10' spot in a level area
Booking the Community Outreach Booth
Requests must be received at least four weeks in advance of the event. Complete a special events form to request the Community Outreach Booth at your event.
Note: Bookings are not guaranteed and are dependent upon availability of the Community Outreach Booth coordinators and volunteers.
Terms for booking the Community Outreach Booth
We reserve the right to:
- Decline Community Outreach Booth services to any event that does not align with the intent of the program or maximize the value, impact and accountability of services
- Cancel an event within suitable notice at any time. In the event of a Regional work stoppage or labour disruption, the Region will not be able to provide service of the Community Outreach Booth
- Remove the Community Outreach Booth in the event of an emergency where the Water Wagon is required to provide water to the public. Efforts will be made to provide suitable notice to event organizers
If you have any questions, contact the Community Outreach Booth