Public Health Community Outreach Booth
The Community Outreach Booth travels to events across Niagara from mid-May to the end of August. Trained students / volunteers raise awareness and share knowledge on a variety of health topics.
This free service is for educational purposes only. Event organizers can select which topics they would like at their event.
- Sun safety
Learn about sun safety and skin cancer prevention through interactive activities and resources for all ages. Includes free sunscreen and give-aways.
- Vaping and e-cigarettes
This booth provides posters, fact sheets, tips on how to talk to your teen about vaping, stickers, post cards and free giveaways. Includes information for parents/caregivers, teachers, children and youth on vaping and e-cigarettes.
- Sugary drinks
Sweetened milk, 100% juice, slush-type drinks, specialty coffees and more. Sugary drinks are everywhere, yet Canada's new Food Guide says to make water the drink of choice for everyone aged two years and up. Learn how sugar can affect health and how to sip less of the sweet stuff through this interactive display.
To request the Community Outreach Booth, your event must:
- Be open to the public, not-for-profit or charitable event
- Have at least 400 attendants (including staff and volunteers)
- Open between 9 a.m. and 6 p.m. (minimum of four hours)
- Provide a 10' x 10' spot in a level area
Booking the Community Outreach Booth
Requests must be received at least four weeks in advance of the event. Complete a special events form to request the Community Outreach Booth at your event.
Note: Bookings are not guaranteed and are dependent upon availability of the Community Outreach Booth student coordinators and volunteers.
Terms for Booking the Community Outreach Booth
We reserve the right to:
- Decline Community Outreach Booth services to any event that does not align with the intent of the program or maximize the value, impact and accountability of services
- Cancel an event within suitable notice at any time. In the event of a Regional work stoppage or labour disruption, the Region will not be able to provide service of the Community Outreach Booth
- Remove the Community Outreach Booth in the event of an emergency
If you have any questions, contact the Community Outreach Booth