Public Health Community Outreach Booth
The Community Outreach Booth travels to summer events across Niagara.
Trained student coordinators and volunteers share knowledge and raise awareness on a variety of public health topics. Event organizers can choose which topics they would like to have at their event.
- Sun safety
Includes information for all ages about the importance of sun safety and skin cancer prevention. Free sunscreen, interactive activities and free giveaways are provided.
Includes information for parents, caregivers, teachers, coaches, children and youth on what is a concussion; the signs and symptoms; how to manage symptoms; and safety tips that can help prevent concussions from occurring. This booth also provides concussion simulation activities and free giveaways.
- Vaping and e-cigarettes
Includes information for parents, caregivers, teachers, children and youth on vaping and e-cigarettes. Provides a series of posters (created by youth), fact sheets, tips on how to talk to your teen about vaping, stickers, post cards and free giveaways.
To request the Community Outreach Booth, your event must:
- Be open to the public, not-for-profit or charitable event
- Have at least 400 attendants (including staff and volunteers)
- Open between 9 a.m. and 6 p.m. (minimum of four hours)
- Provide a 10' x 10' spot in a level area
Booking the Community Outreach Booth
Requests must be received at least four weeks in advance of the event. Complete a special events form to request the Community Outreach Booth at your event.
Note: Bookings are not guaranteed and are dependent upon availability of the Community Outreach Booth student coordinators and volunteers.
Terms for Booking the Community Outreach Booth
We reserve the right to:
- Decline Community Outreach Booth services to any event that does not align with the intent of the program or maximize the value, impact and accountability of services
- Cancel an event within suitable notice at any time. In the event of a Regional work stoppage or labour disruption, the Region will not be able to provide service of the Community Outreach Booth.
- Remove the Community Outreach Booth in the event of an emergency where the Water Wagon is required to provide water to the public. Efforts will be made to provide suitable notice to event organizers.
If you have any questions, contact the Community Outreach Booth