Job Posting #22716
Long Term Care Office Assistant - 0 hour Casual
Approximate Duration: 6 months
Important Notice and Amendments
PLEASE NOTE: This is a 0 hour casual position, with no gaurantee of hours per week
Required to respond to all customers at the main reception area, answer incoming calls and inquiries, and refer where appropriate.
Process accounts payable and receivable, and residents’ finances.
Provide clerical support to the managers and staff.
- Completion of Grade 12
- Completion of one year of post-secondary education in a business or office administration program or equivalent
- Additional training in software courses including databases, spreadsheets, word processing
- Minimum 2 years related experience in a fast-paced or similar environment where interaction with the public was significant
- Must possess experience in a Long Term Care environment
- Must possess some knowledge of working with individuals with dementia
- Must possess strong knowledge and experience in word processing, spreadsheets, databases, computer applications, and keyboarding skills
- Must possess strong knowledge and experience in clinical documentation system (eg. PCC)
- Must possess knowledge of the Internet
- Must possess excellent communication (verbal and written) and interpersonal skills
- Must possess knowledge of customer service skills
- Must possess excellent organization skills, ensuring procedural, professional, and/or organizational standards are adhered to
- Must be able to work under pressure with multiple deadlines and frequent interruptions
- Must be receptive and open to change
- Must be motivated to learn
- Must recognize and adapt to individual differences and team dynamics to produce effective working relationships
- May be required to travel to other offices or community locations for meetings/training as assigned
- An annual influenza vaccination is recommended
- In accordance with the Corporate Criminal Record Check Policy, the position requires the incumbent to undergo a Criminal Records Check and submit a Canadian Police Clearance Certificate
There are no gaurantee of hours per week, however work shifts are 8:30am to 4:30pm, Monday - Friday.
The successful incumbents will work replacement shifts to cover existing staff's scheduled and unscheduled absences. The incumbents will work in all eight of our long term care facilities listed below
- Gilmore Lodge - Fort Erie
- Northland Pointe - Port Colborne
- Rapelje Lodge - Welland
- Woodlands of Sunset - Welland
- Linhaven - St.Catharines
- Upper Canada Lodge - Niagara on the lake
- Deer Park Villa - Grimsby
- Meadows of Dorchester - Niagara Falls
Conditions of offer include obtaining a police clearance that is less than 6 months old from date of hire satisfactory completion of Mantoux Baseline 1 and 2 Clearance (or chest x-ray)
Uncover the wonder of the Niagara Region and join a team dedicated to meeting tomorrow's challenges TODAY!
Let us know why you would be an excellent team member by submitting your online application.
We thank all candidates for their interest however, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
Apply NowEmail to Friend
« Other jobs