Job Posting #22689
Public Health Business Support Analyst
Approximate Duration: 6 to 12 months
About Niagara Region
Serving a diverse urban and rural population of more than 430,000, Niagara Region is focused on building a strong and prosperous Niagara. Working collaboratively with 12 local area municipalities and numerous community partners, the Region delivers a range of high quality programs and services to support and advance the well-being of individuals, families and communities within its boundaries. Nestled between the great lakes of Erie and Ontario, the Niagara peninsula features some of Canada's most fertile agricultural land, the majesty of Niagara Falls and communities that are rich in both history and recreational and cultural opportunities. Niagara boasts dynamic modern cities, Canada's most developed wine industry, a temperate climate, extraordinary theatre, and some of Ontario's most breathtaking countryside. An international destination with easy access to its binational U.S. neighbour New York State, Niagara attracts over 14 million visitors annually, as well as a steady stream of new residents and businesses.
Reporting to the Manager, Continuous Quality Improvement, the Public Health Business Support Analyst is responsible for designing new solutions, modifying, enhancing or adapting existing systems and integrating new features or improvements, all with the aim of improving business efficiency and productivity.
- Post-secondary degree in Information Technology, Computer Science or other related field of study.
- Formal training in project management, ITIL, process redesign or other similar discipline.
- MCSD (Microsoft Certified Solutions Developer) preferred.
- Minimum of 5 years systems planning, support, conceptual design and feasibility study experience in a medium to large organization of a complex diverse nature.
- Knowledge of business process modeling, structured analysis, design and programming techniques.
Facilitates the identification and development of new or modified business technology solutions.
- Investigates business problems, analyzing optional solutions and creating recommendations.
- Conducts feasibility studies, preparing test scripts, leading UAT, training and obtaining end-user feedback.
- Advises business management on how best to leverage technical resources for business-specific activities, while also guiding IT Solutions management to align with client-area direction.
- Provides recommendations for solutions which fit within the Corporation’s Applications, evaluating alternatives, detailing functions to be performed, designing work methods and procedures, designing the User Acceptance test plan and assisting with the Quality Assurance testing.
- Works closely with clients to aid in the support of existing systems and the planning and implementation of new systems and system processes.
- Assists with system implementation and develops or recommends changes to client area work methods and procedures.
- Acts as a liaison between the business & technical/ development staff.
Designs new solutions and/or modifies, enhances or adapts existing systems, integrating new features or improvements, ensuring systems are dependable, efficient and controlled.
- Assists in troubleshooting software application issues.
- Prepares documentation for turnover to user support and operations.
- Identifies and solves application, user/operator related problems.
- Develops client specific reports and ensures data transformation and consolidation.
Provides documentation and procedural support on client projects/initiatives.
- Writes technical procedures and documentation for the applications, including operations, , etc.
- Prepares documentation to promote ongoing support of the application.
Identifies opportunities to improve/enhance processes and business solutions.
- Identifies when existing practices in business processes are no longer sufficient or productive and offers creative solutions, based on statistical analyses and evaluations.
- Investigates options within the current application portfolio for improvement.
- In accordance with the Corporate Criminal Record Check Policy, the position requires the incumbent to undergo a Criminal Records Check and submit a Canadian Police Clearance Certificate.
- Must maintain ability to travel in a timely manner to other offices, work locations or sites as authorized by the Corporation for business reasons.
- Regional staff strive to enable the strategic priorities of council and the organization through the completion of their work. Staff carry out their work by demonstrating the corporate values of service, honesty, choice, partnership and respect.
Uncover the wonder of the Niagara Region and join a team dedicated to meeting tomorrow's challenges TODAY!
Let us know why you would be an excellent team member by submitting your online application.
We thank all candidates for their interest however, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
Apply NowEmail to Friend
« Other jobs