Job Posting #22407
Administrative Assistant Community Services
Approximate Duration: 12 months
The Administrative Assistant – Community Services is responsible for providing confidential and administrative support and services to the Director and Management Team in the operations of the Division.
- Post-secondary diploma in Office/Public Administration or equivalent.
- Minimum of 3 years experience in a secretarial position.
- 5 years administrative experience in a computerized office environment, preferably in a Human Services/Public Administration environment preferred.
- Advanced knowledge/training in MS Office including MSWord, Excel, PowerPoint and Access.
Provides secretarial and administrative assistance to the Directors and Management Team, preparing confidential correspondence and reports, conducting research, arranging meetings, etc.
- Schedules appointments and/or meetings, ensuring relevant documentation and background information for meetings are brought forward.
- Prepares travel arrangements.
- Prepares PowerPoint presentations, letters, reports, speeches, agendas and minutes as assigned.
- Receives visitors, screens telephone calls, take messages, handles replies or directs callers to appropriate areas or departments.
- Receives, opens, sorts, date stamps and logs incoming mail, interoffice and courier deliveries.
- Perform financial administrative support for the Directors including preparation of expense reports, purchasing card processing, initiating purchase requisitions
- Coordinates activities between internal offices and external agencies/boards.
Coordinates meetings, preparing agenda packages, recording proceedings, performing follow-up tasks for Committee and any sub-committees.
- Completes and distributes minutes for follow-up as required.
- Highlights items of importance/sensitivity, ensuring they are brought to Director’s attention.
Prepares, maintains and tracks general office and confidential files and correspondence (e.g. WHMIS updates, staff licensure/registration, performance appraisals, employee notices, requests for staff training, personnel requisitions, posting files, vacation and attendance record management, job descriptions, Workers compensation reports, etc.)
Undertakes background research (key web-sites, surveys) for information related to mandate of division/department and to support policy/report preparation, identifying areas of interest and potential concern for Director/Manager review.
- Prepares standard statistical reports (including graphs on key indicators of performance) and communication materials for the division/department (newsletters, bulletins, Divisional website/Link).
- Provides suggestions to improve administrative and office procedures/ processes.
Acts as a department resource on programs and services, advising other staff within and outside the division on procedural matters.
- Responds to individual customer needs as they arise, monitoring complaints and ensuring contentious/sensitive issues are brought to the Director/Manger’s attention as appropriate.
- Regional staff strive to enable the strategic priorities of council and the organization through the completion of their work. Staff carry out their work by demonstrating the corporate values of service, honesty, choice, partnership and respect.
Uncover the wonder of the Niagara Region and join a team dedicated to meeting tomorrow's challenges TODAY!
Let us know why you would be an excellent team member by submitting your online application.
We thank all candidates for their interest however, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
Apply NowEmail to Friend
« Other jobs