Job Posting #21843
Early Childhood Educator Summer
Approximate Duration:6 months
Responsible to build caring and responsive relationships with children, families and colleagues.
Will draw on their professional knowledge of child development, learning theories and pedagogical and curriculum approaches to plan, implement, document and assess child-centered, inquiry and play-based learning experiences for children between 0 to 12 years of age.
Will create and maintain a child care environment that support children’s play and learning as well as contribute to a sense of belonging and overall well-being.
Ensure compliance with Regional, Children’s Services policies, Child Care and Early Years Act, 2014 (CCEYA) Legislation and regulations and the College of Early Childhood Educators (CECE).
- Completion of a 2 year college program, with a diploma in Early Childhood Education or recognition of equivalency through the College of Early Childhood Educators registration.
- Completion of the Quality Child Care Niagara Reflective Practice Institutes which includes training in: Environmental Rating Scales, D.P.S. (Developmental Preschool Screen), referral process for speech/language and behavioural supports, the “How Does Learning Happen?” framework: Ontario’s Pedagogy for the Early Years, ELECT (Early Learning for Every Child Today) and other training developed in this initiative.
- Over 6 months of experience in child development and licensed child care. Working knowledge of research based best practice methods, principles and practices in Early Childhood Education.
- Proficient knowledge of the Child Care and Early Years Act, 2014 and Regulations and changes in legislation and policies.
- Proficient knowledge of the CECE Codes of Ethics and Standards of Practice July 2017.
- Demonstrated experience in effectively working with a diverse groups of individuals.
- Current knowledge regarding child development.
- Individuals who are fluent in French (both written and verbal) and in additional languages (e.g. French, Spanish, etc.) beyond English, which are spoken within a significant proportion of the population in the local community and in the opinion of the Corporation could enhance service is an asset.
- Current Safe Food Handlers Certification an asset.
- Strong interpersonal, effective communication, organizational, analytical problem solving and administrative skills.
- Demonstrated ability to work as a team member with other professionals.
- Demonstrated proficiency in computer applications (internet, email, MS word, IPad).
- Ability to implement legislation and regulations required for licensing requirements.
- Ability to document child interactions/learnings, identify developmental milestones and reflect.
- Human relations skills to establish, develop, and maintain positive relationships with families and colleagues.
- Excellent verbal and written communication. Demonstrated ability to develop and maintain factual, concise and objective documentation.
- In accordance with the Corporate Criminal Record Check Policy, the position requires the incumbent to undergo a Criminal Records Check and submit a Canadian Police Clearance Certificate, including a vulnerable sector search. The VSC must be prepared no earlier than 6 months before hire, and every five years thereafter also must complete an annual “Offence Declaration.”
- Must be a Registered Early Childhood Educator in good standing with the College of Early Childhood Educators of Ontario and actively participating in CPL (Continuous Professional Learning).
- Must maintain a valid Standard First Aid, and Infant & Child Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation (CPR) Certificate. Must meet and maintain requirements in the Child Care and Early Years Act, 2014 health assessment and proof of current records of immunizations as recommended by the Medical Officer of Health.
Uncover the wonder of the Niagara Region and join a team dedicated to meeting tomorrow's challenges TODAY!
Let us know why you would be an excellent team member by submitting your online application.
We thank all candidates for their interest however, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
Apply NowEmail to Friend
« Other jobs