Job Posting #21708
Approximate Duration: 10 months
Responsible to maintain a caseload of children who have been referred for Resource Consultant consultative support.
Observe, screen, assess and develop a coordinated service plan for each child on the caseload.
Monitor the child’s development and recommend/facilitate referrals for additional services if applicable.
Work in collaboration with educators, parent(s)/guardian(s) and community partners, to provide an inclusive early year’s environment that reflects each child’s unique abilities, and supports the child to participate to their full potential.
Facilitate the Transition to School process for children entering the elementary school system.
- Completion of a 2-year community college program with a diploma in Early Childhood Education.
- Post diploma Early Childhood Education Resource Teacher Certificate or a program of studies that is approved by the Director of the Ministry of Education.
- Minimum of 1 to 2 years of experience in Early Childhood Education or in an inclusive child care/early years program, or other similar environment.
- Must have experience in working with children with special needs.
- Current knowledge of the College of Early Childhood Educators Code of Ethics and Standards of Practice
- Proficient knowledge of research based best practice methods, principles and practices in Early Childhood Education.
- Working knowledge of the Child Care and Early Years Act, 2014 and Regulations.
- Thorough h knowledge of the “How Does Learning Happen? “ framework.
- Knowledge of diverse family dynamics and community resources.
- Strong, interpersonal, effective communication, organizational , analytical problem solving, time management and administrative skills
- Demonstrated ability to work as a team member with other professionals and the community.
- Proficient knowledge and experience in computer applications.
- Human relations skills to establish and maintain positive relationships with clients and employees.
- In accordance with the Corporate Criminal Record Check Policy, the position requires the incumbent to undergo a Criminal Records Check and submit a Canadian Police Clearance Certificate including a Vulnerable Sector Check (VSC). The VSC must be prepared no earlier than 6 months before hire, and every five years thereafter and also must complete an annual “Offence Declaration”.
- Must maintain current immunizations as recommended by the Medical Officer of Health
- Must be a Registered Early Childhood Educator in good standing with the College of Early Childhood Educators of Ontario.
- Must meet and maintain requirements in the Child Care and Early Years Act, 2014 health assessment and proof of current records of immunizations as recommended by the Medical Officer of Health.
Must possess and maintain a valid driver’s license and regular access to a reliable vehicle.
- Must maintain a valid Standard First Aid, and Infant and Child CPR Certificate.
Uncover the wonder of the Niagara Region and join a team dedicated to meeting tomorrow's challenges TODAY!
Let us know why you would be an excellent team member by submitting your online application.
We thank all candidates for their interest however, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
Apply NowEmail to Friend
« Other jobs