Job Posting #19928
Manager Clinical Practice
Salary Pending Review
Reporting to the Administrator Seniors Central Support, the Manager Clinical Practice will provide leadership in clinical services and provide capacity building to staff through effective implementation and sustainability of consistent systems, processes and practice.
This role will provide on-site consultation and support to the teams at the 8 long-term care homes to improve resident-centered care and promote inter-professional practice across Seniors Services.
- Registered Nurse with BScN
- Current Registration with CNO in good standing
- Minimum of 5 years recent experience working in a Long-Term Care environment
- Excellent professional nursing knowledge and proficiency with an emphasis on clinical development
- Expert in related legislation including MOHLTC Act and Regulations, MFIPPA and PHIPA and Ministry of Labour
- Expert of the Minimum Data Set (MDS) and Resident Assessment Instrument (RAI) and all associated quality reports
- Nursing research, program planning and evaluation methodology
- Experience in leading process reviews, including needs assessment, coordination, facilitation and follow-up preferred
- MDS Credentialed preferred
- Certificate or courses in education, quality improvement, program evaluation, business analysis tools and techniques
- Adult Education Certificate
- Advanced skills in MS Word, MS PowerPoint, Excel and Clinical Documentation Program (PCC)
- Adult Education Certificate preferred
1. Provide professional clinical expertise, capacity building and guidance to the 8 long-term care homes Registered staff. Coach, mentor and guide practice and advancement of skills development for LTC nursing staff through the development of formal divisional nursing education programs, based on identified needs, current research and operational and strategic plans.
- Research and develop education programs and curriculum in response to identified gaps in knowledge and / or practice.
- Design, coordinate and facilitate training sessions as outlined in the Annual Education Plan
- Provide professional expertise and guidance, nursing focused LTC decision making in the delivery of care and services.
- Manage the Nurse Practitioner (NP) role that provides support to long-term care homes across Niagara Region (32 internal and external homes) in collaboration with program partners such as the Niagara Health System and Local Health Integration Network (LHIN).
2. Lead Clinical Practice Quality Initiatives.
- Review RQI (Resident Quality Inspections &ndash Ministry of Health and Long Term Care) data for trend analysis, follow up, recommendations, education and reporting
- Conducts audits and or investigations to evaluate the nursing department effectiveness and compliance with standards, including legislative/regulatory requirements, LTC divisional policies and procedures, and standard operating procedures
- Utilize Quality Improvement tools and business analysis tools and techniques and coach staff using a quality framework
- Support the Accreditation Canada process to ensure all clinical components are met and monitored
3. Consult and provide professional expertise and guidance for LTC nursing and clinical related issues and facilitates the advancement through conducting research, analysis, interpretation and reporting evidence based practice requirements.
- Research and advise of potential solutions and recommendations for corrective action to address concerns.
- Organize and coordinate staff activities to achieve established Strategic and Operations Plan
- Mentor and advise staff who are non-union and unionized staff
- Provide leadership and support to committees and participate as an effective team member
- Compose and write reports
- Resource to LTC homes during MOHLTC compliance inspections
4. Create, update, and manage nursing policies and resident care programs, in consultation with the Administrator Seniors Central Support and the Director Resident Care group to ensure compliance with legislative requirements, using clinical research and current best practice standards with the College of Nurses of Ontario and Registered Nurses Association of Ontario (RNAO).
- Research, review, analyze and plan clinical practices
- Work with the leaders in Seniors Services and assist in reviewing and updating policies/procedures in the homes in line with leading practices and changing regulatory and legislative requirements
- Develop communication and training materials to support the rollout of revised policies and / or new policies.
5. Builds strategic networks, alliances, and partnerships across internal and external stakeholders.
- Works closely with management and staff of Seniors to monitor on an ongoing basis to evaluate needs and requests.
- Liaises regularly with appropriate faculty of local and regional educational institutions (i.e., Brock and Nippissing Universities, Niagara College, local colleges) to provide feedback, consultation and collaborate on training
- Works with vendors to build relationships and organize education for staff
- Member of Seniors Quality Steering Committee
- Provides regular reports to Director of Resident Care group
- Works collaboratively with professional practice association such as RNAO
- Chairs and participates on internal committees
6. Manages staff, coordinating and planning work, providing work direction, assigning tasks and projects, determining methods and procedures to be used, monitoring quality of work, resolving problems and ensuring assigned results are achieved.
- Enables results with the organization's human capital strategy to foster employee engagement.
- In conjunction with the Manager provides training and development, coaching and discipline when necessary, and manages staff recruitment.
- Ensures focus is service excellence, communication/transparency, innovation, and data integrity and work flow integration.
- Ensures staff has the information and resources to make successful plans and decisions.
- Ensures all people related issues, including recruitment, grievances and labour relations issues, are aligned to HR and Corporate standards and practices.
- Helps to break down barriers to employee success, ensuring collaboration and cooperation with other teams within their division and department
- Ensures Occupational Health & Safety policies, programs and practices are implemented, and maintained. This includes workplace inspections, monitoring, accident reporting and investigations, and ensuring any observed hazards or lapses in the functioning of OH&S processes, and other OH&S concerns are responded to promptly.
- Ensures all individuals under supervision have been informed of hazards and instructed on the necessary risk control and emergency response measures
7. Manages and administers annual and multi-year Capital and Operating budgets for which they are delegated authority ensuring support of Council's objectives, financial transparency and accountability, monitoring budget adherence, identifying and explaining variances, and financial reporting is effectively managed in compliance with corporate financial policies. Administer and approve the acquisition of goods and services for their direct reports in accordance with the procurement policy
8. Perform other related duties and responsibilities as assigned or required.
- In accordance with the Corporate Criminal Record Check Policy, the position requires the incumbent to undergo a Criminal Records Check, including a vulnerable sector search, and submit a Canadian Police Clearance Certificate.
- Must possess and maintain a valid driver's license
- Must maintain ability to travel in a timely manner to other offices, work locations or sites as authorized by the Corporation for business reasons.
- Regional staff strive to enable the strategic priorities of council and the organization through the completion of their work. Staff carry out their work by demonstrating the corporate values of service, honesty, choice, partnership and respect.
Uncover the wonder of the Niagara Region and join a team dedicated to meeting tomorrow's challenges TODAY!
Let us know why you would be an excellent team member by submitting your online application.
We thank all candidates for their interest however, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
Apply NowEmail to Friend
« Other jobs