We thank all candidates for their interest. However, only applicants that are selected for an interview will be contacted. If selected, Niagara Region will email you with the date and time of the interview, job description, interview panel and a parking pass.
Niagara Region supports the goals of Ontario Regulation 191/11 - Integrated Accessibility Standards and is pleased to accommodate applicants who have a disability during the recruitment process. Please inform us if you require a disability related accommodation in order to participate in the recruitment process.
Should you receive an invitation to interview, here are some helpful tips to help you prepare.
Before the Interview
- Research the position, division's values and business plan by reviewing our website, relevant bylaws and organizational charts
- Ensure that you ask for details about the position, location and the duration (if temporary position)
- Ask for the contact person's name and phone number in case of an emergency
- Advise the contact person if you have a disability and need any special accommodations to participate in the interview
Arriving for the Interview
- Arrive five to ten minutes early to complete any necessary paperwork
- Bring your reference names and phone numbers if requested
- You will be advised whether you have to take a test immediately before or after the interview if applicable
During the Interview
- Interviews are usually conducted by more than one person (a panel)
- You will be asked very specific job related and behavioural based questions
- Your answers should be specific, detailed, thoughtful, succinct and well delivered
- Panel members will be taking notes during the interview
- You can ask for a question to be repeated or to provide an answer to a question later
- If a pen and paper are provided, you can briefly write down your thoughts before responding to the question
- At the end of the interview, ask questions, make comments or ask when you will be notified of the interview results
- Thank the panel members for the interview opportunity