Water and Wastewater
Provides safe and reliable water and
wastewater services, while practicing
good resource stewardship
The Water and Wastewater Division provides drinking water to 11 area municipalities across the region.
This division provides operation and maintenance of:
- 6 water treatment plants
- 38 water reservoirs and elevated tanks
- 23 booster and chlorine booster stations
- 300km of trunk watermains
- 11 wastewater facilities
The division also treats the wastewater from Niagara's sewers through the operation of 11 wastewater facilities.
Did You Know?
Water and Wastewater treats:
- 609 million litres/day capacity of water
- 329M litres/day capacity of wastewater