Providing legal assistance to the Region.
Legal Services is not able to provide
assistance to the public.
The Legal Services department is responsible for:
- Legal advice, research and opinions for the Regional Corporation
- Drafting and processing of agreements and other legal documents
- Litigation matters and defending claims
- Processing of real estate transactions
- Assesses risks for the corporation
- Provides advice, opinions and information on risk and insurance
- Insurance certificates and policies
- Handles insurance claims by and against the Region
- Workplace Safety and Insurance Board claims by Regional employees
Claims can be submitted using the online form or in writing using the specified procedure.
Fines received under the Highway Traffic Act, Liquor Control Act or other Provincial Legislation, can be paid online or at one of our court locations.
Contact Legal Services
Toll Free: 1-800-263-7215
Lawyer Referral Service
Legal Aid - Niagara North
Legal Aid - Niagara South
Community Legal Services - Niagara North
Community Legal Services - Niagara South