Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion Advisory Committee
Niagara Region Council has established a Diversity, Equity and Inclusion Advisory Committee. The Diversity, Equity and Inclusion Advisory Committee will be part of creating a plan to improve diversity, equity and inclusion in Niagara. The committee will provide advice and recommendations to Regional Council and staff.
The goal of the committee is to address the negative impacts of bias and discrimination on quality of life, safety, health and inclusion. It will work with staff and the community to make Niagara more welcoming, diverse and inclusive. The Diversity, Equity and Inclusion Advisory Committee wants to provide a place to hear all voices and opinions.
The purpose of the committee is to:
- Provide suggestions for improving the organization's activities to increase diversity and inclusion
- Collaborate with community groups to identify opportunities for supporting diverse residents’ needs
- Work with other organizations and community groups. Support opportunities to promote inclusion and reduce discrimination together.
The committee will include two Regional Councillors and up to ten community members.
Terms of reference
Agendas and Minutes
Inquiries and Copies of Reports
For questions or copies of committee reports before 2015, email clerks.
Past Meeting Videos
Watch past videos of council and committee meetings.
- Jim Bradley, Regional Chair
- Cindilee Ecker-Flagg, Public
- Liz Hay, Public (Vice-Chair)
- Sabrina Hill, Public (Chair)
- Diana Huson, Councillor
- Laura Ip, Councillor
- Brianna Irvine, Public
- Eldean Ivri, Public
- Ken Kawall, Public
- Rene Nand, Public
- Ather Shabbar, Public
- Yuexin Wang, Public