Information Management Services
Niagara Region creates over 1.2 million paper and electronic business records each year. As the official guardian of this information, the Regional Clerk oversees a corporate-wide records and information management program that is operated by Information Management Services staff.
Services to the public include:
- Responding to Freedom of Information requests under the Municipal Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act and the Personal Health Information Protection Act
- Facilitating public access to the minutes of Regional Council and associated committees
- Maintaining business records that are crucial for effective daily operations
- Preserving business records with historical value for future generations
- Promoting efficiency and accountability through consultation with every Niagara Region department on matters related to records and information management
- Administration of a corporate archival program focused on the history of Niagara Region as a municipality
With the "paperless office" in mind, Information Management Services is currently promoting the use of digital information technology and electronic records as a way of reducing Niagara Region's reliance on paper.
This effort has plenty of potential benefits:
- Reduced carbon footprint for many business processes
- Reduced costs spent on paper, electricity, ink, toner, and storage space
- Quicker response times for service
Information Management Services welcomes inquiries from members of the public.
Email Information Management Services
Telephone: 905-980-6000 ext. 3219
c/o Office of the Regional Clerk
1815 Sir Isaac Brock Way