Niagara Region Bursary Program
The Niagara Region Bursary Program is designed to help students with financial needs cover the cost of college, university or other post-secondary education. A total of $50,000 is available for eligible students.
$700 and $250 Bursaries Available
|| Students entering first or second year college or university in a certificate, diploma or degree program
||Students beginning a short-term academic upgrading, apprenticeship, trade or skills-based training program (minimum of four weeks)
In order to qualify for a bursary, you must be:
- A grade 12 graduate
- or -
A mature student (18 years of age or older, away from formal education for one or more years)
- No older than 34 years of age by Aug. 26, 2016
- Entering either your first or second year of post-secondary education, leading to a certificate, diploma or degree
- or -
short-term academic upgrading, trade or skills-based training program, which is a minimum of four weeks in duration
- A Canadian citizen or legal resident of Canada
- A resident of Niagara region
- In financial need as demonstrated by at least one of the following:
- You are receiving social assistance through Ontario Works or Ontario Disability Support Program
- You are receiving assistance with child care costs through Niagara Region Children's Services
- You are on the Rent-Geared-to-Income waiting list for housing through Niagara Regional Housing
- You are a Rent-Geared-to-Income tenant of Niagara Regional Housing
- You are a tenant/member of an affordable housing community in receipt of Rent-Geared-to-Income assistance
Individuals with a post-secondary diploma/degree are not eligible.
Application Deadline - Friday, Aug. 26, 2016
Complete an online application or download the 2016 Bursary Application Package.
All applicants will be notified by Friday, Sept. 30, 2016 if their application for a bursary was successful or not.
Email Samantha Dean or call 905-984-3688.