Visiting Niagara Region
Niagara Region is located in southern Ontario, Canada, between Lake Ontario and Lake Erie. Over 12 million visitors come to the area each year.
Niagara Region is home to many unique cultural and recreational resources, including natural heritage sites, cultural facilities, festivals and events. Enjoy:
- Natural wonders like Niagara Falls and the Niagara Escarpment
- The Niagara Wine Route
- Heritage districts, historical sites and museums
- Visual and performing arts
- Over 200 scenic trails and historical walks
- Attractions like casinos, waterparks and the butterfly conservatory
- Festivals and events
- Fine dining, bed and breakfasts, farmer's markets, local crafts, distinctive shopping
- Golf courses and boating
Visit TourismNiagara for more information on these and other Niagara attractions and activities.
War of 1812 Celebration Activities
Celebrate the history and culture of Niagara's past by joining in the many events being held across Niagara over the next three years, including:
- Recreations of key battles and events
- Military parades and ceremonies
- Educational presentations
- Art exhibitions
Visit the "Discover 1812" website to learn more about upcoming events and how you can get involved.